Water damage causes significant problems for your home and needs to be addressed immediately. Perhaps a utility line burst, or your gutters are clogged, or the drainage in your yard is not graded properly. Whatever the case, water damage restoration services, like ProCare Restoration, can get your home back into working order.
Causes of Water Damage
It’s helpful to know the common causes of water damage so that you can avoid it in the first place. The most common causes of water damage are:
- Leaking and Burst Pipes – A leaky pipe in your plumbing system can lead to water damage if it isn’t addressed immediately. It can be caused by corrosion, loose fittings, high water pressure, and fluctuations in temperature. They can leak slightly over time or burst completely. The latter is common in areas with below freezing winters. Leaks can be difficult to detect if it isn’t your kitchen sink, and can lead to damage to your walls, basement, and foundation.
- Storm Damage – Severe storms can also lead to water damage. High winds can tear off shingles and send debris down on your roof that causes punctures and leaks. This can damage your walls, attic, and insulation. It can also tear off siding or, with enough volume of precipitation, flood your home.
- Clogged Gutters and Drainage – Gutters can be clogged by leaves, ice, branches, and other debris. If enough water builds up, it can lead to leaks in your roof. Improper drainage, whether it’s your roof, a faulty downspout, or your yard, can cause water damage to your foundation, which is an expensive hassle to deal with. It’s important to have your yard graded well for drainage, with downspouts correctly installed to carry water away from the home.
- Faulty Appliances – Your dishwasher, washing machine, and air conditioner can also cause water damage if something goes wrong with the appliance. Broken dishwashers and washing machines can cause flooding in your home, and condensation on your air conditioner can overflow the drainage pan and wreak havoc, as well.
These are only a few causes of water damage to your home. Clogged toilets, water backflow, sewage, and septic issues can all cause water damage that can lead to the growth of harmful mold, problems with the electrical system, and more.
Benefits of a Water Damage Remediation Service
A water damage repair service can save your home from costly damages and restore it to livable conditions. Some of the benefits of hiring a water damage repair service are:
- Quick Cleanup – Water damage is a mess, but an experienced water damage restoration company can quickly clean up the mess so you and your family can safely live in your home. When it comes to water damage, the quicker the cleanup, the better. Fast service will mitigate structural damage to the home and prevent the growth of harmful mold, which can grow in just 48 hours after the damage occurs, according to Octagon Cleaning and Restoration.
- Health – The water that causes damage may contain contaminants in it that are harmful to humans, outside of the mold that can grow. These contaminants can lead to a variety of infections and diseases. A water remediation service can identify the source of the water to see if it’s contaminated, and then safely remove the water.
- Eye for Details – Since water is a fluid, it can easily work its way into many parts of your home that you may not be aware of. An experienced water restoration contractor will know all of the places a water leak can affect, even if you can’t see it yourself. To fully rid your home of all water, you need the professional eyes of a water damage restoration service.
- Referrals – If your water damage has caused problems for other systems and appliances in your home, a local water damage restoration company can provide referrals to other contractors to help you out. This will save you time researching who to hire and give you peace of mind that you are in good hands.
If your home has been damaged by leaking pipes, faulty appliances, storms, or anything else, contact the experts at ProCare Restoration. We are fully licensed and IIRC certified. We can handle commercial and residential water damage, and also offer fire restoration services. We offer 24/7 services, so call as soon as you notice any symptoms of water damage in your home.The body content of your post goes here.